Skip to main content

Artist Statement



Artist Statement

   As a visual artist I have spent many hours creating a unique language - communicating ideas in  wire and steel. These works are renditions of my life experience, added hours in research. Some of this is research about place, or , some is the realization that art has an opportunity to set in motion ideas, ideas that become a collaboration between the viewer and the maker.  To be clear, I spend a lot of time listening, my hope is to extend a deeper understanding in my art in a way that can become a vector to simply sharing our commonalities rather than our differences. In this way I enjoy the process as much as the outcome of building art in my metal wall hangings and 3-dimensional sculpture.  My line work is often thought out in a ​wire sketch - ​ as I put every line in place this allows me to communicate an idea in both line and form prior to committing that form to a larger project.
 When I am creating for a theme or an exhibit I put my assumption around outcome aside and let - as many artists do - the materials speak to me.  It is a quantum co-creative process when those opportunities arise.
  I also enjoy working with groups and/or individuals to assist them in visualizing and creating their vision in sculpture.  When I am working with commissions, what I enjoy primarily is hearing what people are seeking and bringing that as best as I can to the forefront for a professional presentation.  My aim is to bring that more often to an open-space, public audience. Collaborations are key to this process as I grow and evolve my work for public spaces.
   My resume reflects 26 years experience as an artist with multiple references to participation in exhibits, with collectors, successful completion of multiple grants and a long-standing studio practice.  (See link: ​asiascudder.blogspot.com​.)
     I have been honored to participate in the Venice Biennale (2001)  added I have created several themed art exhibits in Oklahoma, as well as participated in countless group art shows around the country.   I have sold works in London, France and Denmark additionally.
   Because I have been consistent in pursuing new concepts I have created 100’s of sculptures - both large and small.  After 25 plus years, I still retain a passion for creating inspired work in metal. I do feel a deep gratitude to have this ability to vision and then to create in wire and steel a completion of an artwork that is well received in both style and vision.  
    As a result of my landscape design practice I also have the experience of working with contractors on installations following project guidelines routinely established by my role as designer, yet I also have worked with many clients who I relate to - co-creating a sense of balance
Self Portrait.  This piece is copper and is about 4 feet high and 3 feet wide. 
The 'self' is intended to be on the interior of the piece while the divine, or larger self

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garden Art Design

  GARDEN ART Sizes and materials vary Priced according to customization Commissions Welcome! Email: asiascudder@gmail.com for more information

My Piece, "Off Kilter" on display at the Cape Cod Cultural Center

 

Installation of "Rising" at Franconia Art Walk 2023!

Great to have help with this installation ... Complete install pics pending!